30 Journal Prompts To Write About During Social Distancing, Self-Isolation, or Self-Quarantine
Writing and journaling is a powerful tool to help work through emotions and care for your mental health during stressful times. Even if you have never journaled before, if you’re socially distancing, in self-isolation, or in self-quarantine, now may be a great time to add in a journaling practice.
I’ll be honest – in normal life I only journal intermittently. I’m not one of those people who writes for myself on a daily basis. (However, when I do journal, it always is so positive for me emotionally!) But yesterday I picked up a new journal to help get me through this (hopefully!) once in a lifetime experience we’re all sharing. I can’t shake the feeling that we’re in for a wild ride that may be one of the biggest things any of us experience in our lifetimes. I have been feeling like I should really document the experience – both to deal with it all emotionally and to help me stay sane, and to help me be able to share with my kids and grandkids one day to tell them what it was all like. As soon as my pen hit the paper I poured out 10 pages about the craziness of life these last several days.
If you want to give journaling a try during this crazy time, you can just open a notebook and start writing and see what comes out. But if you find yourself unsure what to write about, I wanted to give you some journal prompts to help you begin. These prompts are designed to both help you process your harder emotions, and to help you bring some positivity into your mindset around everything. They can also be used as an idea of what you may want to include if you want to use your journal more to document this experience for future generations.
30 Journal Prompts To Use When You’re Social Distancing, In Self Isolation, or in Self Quarantine
- What is something kind I can do for myself today?
- How am I feeling about everything that is happening in the world?
- How am I feeling about how I personally am reacting to what is happening?
- How am I feeling about how other people are reacting to what is happening?
- What gives me hope about the situation we are in?
- What can I feel grateful for right now?
- What am I afraid of right now?
- What am I excited about right now?
- What have I witnessed happening or changing in society?
- Where have I seen the light and good coming out of people in all of this?
- What am I most excited to do again once this is all over?
- What have I always wanted to learn about or to do? How could I do that from home right now?
- What do I NEED for myself today?
- What do I need to AVOID or NOT DO today?
- How am I taking care of myself right now?
- What do I need to add to how I’m taking care of myself right now? (How can I do better)
- How am I connecting with friends and family during this? Is it enough? What can I do to connect more deeply with others safely during all of this?
- This entire experience reminds me of….
- What have I learned that I most value through this experience?
- What have I learned that I do not actually need in my life through this experience?
- What is my body communicating to me right now? Am I listening to it?
- What are my emotions communicating to me right now? Am I listening to them?
- How am I letting other people’s response to this situation affect me? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
- What changes is this making me realize I want to make in my life?
- What have I learned about myself from this experience?
- What have I learned about human nature from this experience?
- What have I learned about life from this experience?
- Where have I become more empathetic to others because of this?
- How has this experience changed any of my social, economic or political views?
- What made me happy or brought joy today?
Let’s stay in touch during quarantine! Join me on social media to keep up with all of the quarantine resources I find and create:
FACEBOOK – PINTEREST – INSTAGRAM
WANT TO PIN THIS POST? Here’s a Pinterest ready image: