NICOLE LEFFER RESUME
LinkedIn ~ Fully Vaccinated & Boosted
HIGHLY STRATEGIC & DATA-DRIVEN EXECUTIVE MARKETING LEADER WITH EXPERTISE IN:
Software As A Service (SaaS) – Product-Led Growth (PLG) – Recurring Revenue – E-Commerce & Self-Service – Growth Marketing – Product Marketing – Demand Generation – Demand Capture – Performance Marketing
Brand Marketing – Content Marketing – Email Marketing – Event Marketing – Customer Marketing – Retention Marketing – Sales Enablement – Marketing Automation – Segmentation & Targeting – A/B Testing & Experimentation – CRO – Video – Social Media (Organic & Paid) – SEM / PPC – Strategic Planning – GTM Strategy – Team Development – Revenue Generation
Senior Director, Growth Marketing (Head of Marketing)
RESILIA | Remote | August 2021-August 2022
For-profit venture-backed SaaS startup serving the nonprofit & philanthropic sectors. Resilia’s products and marketing were all developed through a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) lens.
(B2B & B2C, Recurring Revenue)
- Increased revenue of key line of business by 99.5% year over year (first half 2022 vs 2021)
- Increased the number of users on the SaaS platform by over 1200%.
- Increased the number of marketing qualified leads by over 80% while simultaneously decreasing the cost per lead.
- Develop and oversee implementation of comprehensive marketing strategy and plan inclusive of: Product marketing, content marketing, performance marketing/paid ads, events, social media, community, brand marketing, thought leadership, email marketing, marketing automation, SEO, demand capture and generation, sales enablement, video, PR, and partnership marketing.
- Lead fully remote marketing department: Manage and coach the team; Interview and hire new team members.
- Manage agency relationships and 7-figure/year marketing budget.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Customer Success, Engineering, Data/Analytics, Revenue Operations, Sales, and People Operations to set and work towards product-led growth OKRs and company revenue targets.
- Advise and give feedback to Product on upcoming SaaS platform features and in-platform language.
- Identify, evaluate, deploy, and leverage innovative new marketing tools and strategies, including AI.
- Lead market research and analyze data to develop customer personas, improve product messaging and positioning, and develop key marketing and messaging strategies.
- Analyze data across sources to optimize marketing spend and strategy, scale revenue, and accelerate growth.
- Lead development and deployment of GTM campaigns for new SaaS features.
- Develop strategic plan for automated and segmented campaigns to nurture leads, and onboard and activate users.
- Ensure all marketing content is inclusive and culturally aware.
- Present/speak at virtual events and meetings (internal & external facing).
- Gather and provide data, and answer marketing questions, in response to requests from potential VC investors.
GTM, Marketing, and eCommerce Consultant
MULTIPLE CLIENTS | Remote | 2020-2021
(B2B, B2C, Recurring Revenue)
- Counseled businesses in developing marketing strategies and budgets.
- Directed clients in selecting/implementing website and marketing technology stack to meet needs within budget.
- Developed highly targeted lead generation and conversion sales funnel campaigns.
- Performed data analysis to advise clients on campaign performance and develop long-term strategies.
Founder & Co-CEO; Head of Marketing & eCommerce
CHOCOLEY | Alpharetta, GA | 2004-2020
Innovative e-commerce chocolate ingredients company in online wholesale, internet retail, and CPG space.
(B2B, B2C / DTC, Recurring Revenue Membership Program)
- Grew to over $13 million in cumulative revenue. Served tens of thousands of customers
- Chocoley was listed in the Top 1,000 Internet Retail e-commerce websites in the United States for three years.
- Grew monthly recurring revenue membership program to over 1,000 active paying members.
- Led, coached, and mentored an on-site and remote cross-functional staff of up to 10 people, in addition to managing remote contractors and developers located around the world.
- Interviewed and made hiring Cultivated staff ensuring diversity, equity, and inclusion. Built an uplifting, teamwork-focused, and growth-minded culture.
- Led high-stakes projects including: website development, re-development, and enhancement/optimization projects; logo, labeling, and packaging design; complex digital marketing campaigns; operational projects.
- Managed strategic relationships with ingredient manufacturers, suppliers, technology and marketing vendors, SaaS companies, shipping vendors, contractors, strategic partners, community members, and other key stakeholders.
- Served as head of marketing, brand, eCommerce, and customer relationships:
- Oversaw omnichannel customer experience across website, social media, email, trade shows, PPC advertising, unboxing, packaging, customer service, webinars, influencer program, etc.
- Evaluated martech products and integrations, built marketing stack, and optimized for ROI.
- Developed and executed segmented marketing strategies targeted to multiple constituent groups with a focus on long-term customer retention, increased customer lifetime value, and increased revenue.
- Identified KPIs and OKRs and analyzed data across website (Google Analytics, Hotjar), e-commerce sales (Magento), email marketing (Klaviyo), PPC ad campaigns (Google Adwords and Facebook Ad metrics).
- Successfully leveraged available data to: increase conversion rates; lower CPA; increase average ticket; increase customer lifetime value; recognize new business opportunities; spot changes in consumer and business trends; increase engagement; increase customer lifetime value; increase email open rates.
- Wrote/created: persuasive sales copy; an extensive library of chocolate education content and tutorials; social media posts (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest); lead magnets; blog posts; one-pagers and fact sheets; marketing emails; digital ad content; webinar scripts; PowerPoint presentations.
- Managed e-commerce websites on platforms including Magento, WordPress, Volusion, and Adobe.
- E-Mail marketing expert with experience utilizing multiple SaaS e-mail marketing platforms including Klaviyo, Silverpop (now IBM), and Mailchimp. Controlled multiple daily segmented email campaigns with A/B split testing of content and individual content personalization. Strategized and managed multiple automated and behavior-based multi-step drip email campaigns. Optimized strategies, lead magnets, and landing pages for email list-building. Managed email marketing staff.
- Created and managed sophisticated pay-per-click advertising (PPC) campaigns on Google, Bing, Facebook, and Instagram; Contracted vendors to manage paid ad campaigns and oversaw all progress.
- Collaborated with large corporate international chocolate manufacturer and successfully persuaded them to remove hydrogenated oils from their compound chocolate products and utilize more sustainable ingredients.
- Liaised with all manufacturers and suppliers to ensure that all ingredients used in any of our products and along the supply chain met our ethical trade standards and were NOT coming from abused, slave, or child labor.
- Partnered with manufacturer to bring chocolate to market that helped lift cacao farmers out of poverty.
- Food industry-specific experience: product sourcing; supply chain management; forecasting; contracting; climate-controlled packaging, warehouse, and fulfillment strategy; logistics; food crisis management; food labeling; wrote & managed food safety procedures and policies for FDA compliance.
PLATFORMS, TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
Google Analytics – Google Ads – Meta Ads – LinkedIn Ads – HubSpot – Klaviyo – Magento – WordPress – Squarespace – Stripe – Hex – Hotjar – Adobe Photoshop – Lumen5 – Anyword (AI) – Facebook – Instagram – LinkedIn – Twitter – TikTok
Remote Management Tools: Zoom – Slack – G-Suite – Loom – Lattice – Trello – Workable
- LEAD Atlanta (a part of Leadership Atlanta) – Class of 2014
- Project Understanding Black-Jewish Coalition Emerging Leaders Retreat – Class of 2019
EARLY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Motto Magazine – Senior Editorial Assistant (2005-2007)
- Swimming World Magazine / Swiminfo.com – Editorial Intern (Summer 2004)
- Wilmington & Wrightsville Beach Visitors Guide – Owner & Publisher (Summer 2003)
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology – Graduated with Cum Laude Distinction in 2006
- WageningenX (an online learning initiative of Wageningen University & Research)
Food Security and Sustainability XSeries Program (edX Verified Certificate – 2021). Program courses included:
– Sustainable Food Security: Crop Production – (edX Verified Certificate, January 2021)
– Sustainable Food Security: The Value of Systems Thinking – (edX Verified Certificate, February 2021)
– Sustainable Food Security: Food Access – (edX Verified Certificate, February 2021)
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- LEAD Atlanta – 2013-present. Active in LEAD Atlanta and joint LEAD/Leadership Atlanta alumni programs.
- Project Understanding – 2019-present. Atlanta Black-Jewish Coalition Alumni Activities and social justice work.
- The Temple Atlanta – 2014-present. Active member of The Temple community, including social justice, anti-racism, and equity-focused volunteer work.
- The Voter Generation (non-partisan non-profit) 2016-2017. Board Member
- Year Up Atlanta 2013-2016. Leadership Council Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta – 2010-2016. Big Sister
- Jumpstart Atlanta – 2014. LEAD Atlanta Cohort Project
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Georgia and Alabama – 2004-2010. Wish Granting Volunteer
- Joe Biden Presidential Campaign – 2020. Women for Biden Finance Council National Co-Chair; National Finance Committee Member; Georgia Statewide Dialer Phone Bank Captain.
- S. Senate Runoffs — 2020/2021. Georgia Statewide Dialer Phone Bank Captain (in support of now Senator’s Warnock and Ossoff)
- Nikema Williams for Congress – 2020. Young Professionals with Nikema Co-Chair.
- Democratic National Committee (DNC) – 2013-2018. National Finance Committee Member
- Hillary Clinton Presidential Campaign – 2015-2016. National Finance Committee Member
- Michelle Nunn for U.S. Senate – August 2013- November 2014. Emerging Leaders Council Chair, Executive Finance Committee Member
- Presidential Inaugural Committee – November 2012- January 2013. Presidential Inaugural Committee Member
- Obama Victory Fund 2012 – 2012. Obama Victory Trustee Member of National Finance Committee